We're on a frosting kick around here - lots of spring and summer birthdays! I first made this frosting last year for Jaden's first birthday party and it was easy and delicious. Though I'm not a frosting expert, if the recipe isn't easy and delicious, it's probably not worth your time. The recipe comes from the lovely and talented Kristina Weber-Herrin.
Makes 2 cups.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temp.
- 8 ounces butter, room temp.
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- splash of vanilla
- Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on low.
- Add butter, sugar and vanilla to cream cheese and beat lightly until just combined. If you mix too much, the mixture will go 'limp'.
- Use immediately or refrigerate if you need to stiffen it up a bit.