As you may know, I adore sandwiches. They are likely my favorite food, and it happens that they are also the perfect travel food, which is (or at least was before kidlet time) convenient for us. This sandwich was awesome and is an excellent use of extra roasted beets. As with any sandwich, any ingredient can be substituted or doubled or adjusted in any way you see fit. The following is detailed account of my sandwich bliss from last evening's dinner.
Makes one sandwich.
- 2 slices Dave's organic wheat bread
- Spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons artichoke dip
- 2 slices parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1 roasted golden beet
- 2 raw beet greens
- Assemble as desired. Slice and serve immediately.
- Pairs well with a nice, local micro-brew or fresh lemonade.