May 31, 2009

Almond Banana Smoothie


I've been wanting to put this recipe on the blog for a while, but every time I make this smoothie I seem to only be able to take lousy picture of it - so this is the least lousy picture I have. I had to post it because I am completely going crazy with happiness over this treat.

It's hard to wrong with smoothies. They make a great breakfast, snack, or dessert. Kids love them. Adults love them. How can you not love a smoothie? I admit that sometimes I feel too lazy to make them, but this smoothie is easier to make than any other snack I can think of. It's so delicious. It's totally nutritious - almonds and bananas provide a bunch of energy and potassium to get you moving any time of day. The cinnamon adds a beautiful flavor and is rich in vitamins and minerals as well. The flax seed adds Omega-3, but makes it thicker so you may need to add a little water.

This recipe makes one small smoothie. Frozen bananas work great too - peel before you freeze them - you may need to add a little extra water to thin it out.

  • One ripe banana, peeled and broken into chunks
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • Dash of cinnamon (I use several dashes because I love cinnamon)
  • 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
  1. Combine banana, almond milk, and cinnamon in the blender. Bend until smooth - add water for desired consistency.
  2. Enjoy immediately - this drink does not save well.

1 comment:

lizzy said...

finally made this one up this morning... great for settling my booboo belly - i think it is the cinnamon.

hope all is well over there!

liz