This recipe was born from me being unprepared to bring an appetizer to a party and looking through my pantry to see what could be quickly thrown together. It was a lucky and delicious break. Kind of sweet, kind of tangy. Kind of like hummus, but totally different. This dip is nutritious and a great use of zucchinis for those of you with gardens full of them right about now. Jaden and Joey loved it, as did people at the party. We'll certainly be making this one again!
Serve with crackers or veggie sticks.
Keeps 5 days refrigerated in an air-tight container.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala spice
- generous splash of line juice
- generous pinch of dried mint
- Shake or two of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 can organic chick peas/garbanzo beans, rinsed
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Add small amounts of water or olive oil to improve smoothness as needed.
- Taste and add more salt or pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately or reserve for later.