Serves 4 - 6, depending on accompanying side dishes.
Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- Sea salt
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 fresh artichokes
- Cut your artichokes in half lengthwise. You'll need a big, sharp knife.
- Place artichokes into a large pot and cover with cold water, add a generous pinch of salt. Squeeze the lemon into the pot and toss in the rinds (you'll discard them later). Drizzle in some olive oil - about 1 tablespoon.
- Bring pot to a boil and cook at a gentle boil for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up your grill.
- Transfer your artichokes onto a large plate or platter with tongs. Gently shake excess water back into pot.
- Grill on medium-high, flat side down, for 12 - 15 minutes. Artichokes should be golden and a little crispy but not burnt.