Avocado may be the most popular item in our house. We all love it. REALLY, really love it. And truly, is there a more perfect food? This guacamole is by far the very best I have ever had. I don't make guacamole often. And until now, I didn't have a go-to recipe. This one fell from the sky from my sister, Teresa (known in our house as TeeTee). We took this dish to a guacamole contest - and we won! It was so exciting. Not only is it so unbelievably delicious, but it's also gorgeous. Make this and share with others - you can be assured that it's wonderful. Also, it's so chunky that it could be served as a side dish/salad with rice and beans or some other mexi type dish. Mmmm....
Makes one large dish full.
Serve within a few hours, does not hold over well overnight.
- 4 avocados, pitted and diced (reserve pits)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup white corn (if frozen, allow to thaw out before using - do not microwave!)
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped sweet onion
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt
- chili powder
- In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients minus salt and chili.
- Season generously with salt. Taste. Add more salt. Taste again. Repeat as needed.
- Season with chili powder. Taste. Season again with salt and chili as desired.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with pits to preserve color.